What We Can Do
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle & Reject
- Ask shops and supermarkets to please end urgently ‘one-use plastic’ (‘not yet/currently recycled’) and actively seek an alternative to all plastic usage
- Re-use our plastic bags and bottles we do buy, maybe 20 times each….
- Campaign for deposits on plastic bottles (like we used to on glass…)
- Buy our fruit & veg from the local farm shops, requesting no plastic wrapping
- Ensure all plastic is always recycled (don’t buy the black stuff, which isn’t)
- Use bars of soap or refillable soap or shampoo bottles;
- If you eat meat buy it fresh from local butchers, take your own bag….
- Get milk delivered (fresher) in returnable glass bottles
- Use pencils instead of plastic pens
- Ban plastic straws, cutlery, coffee cups (buy a re-usable, just a tenner)
Thanks to lessplastic.co.uk for the below infographic: